Quality Marking Services is committed to providing the best service and products available in the industry.
As a family run, people orientated company, involvement of our workforce in the development of our business has been crucial to our success. QMS has developed and grown not just through innovation but by delivering client expectations with a highly trained, motivated and committed team. We employ the right person for the role irrespective of gender, colour, sexual discrimination or disability as we believe that for QMS to excel we require the best people. If you feel you can provide the Commitment, Motivation and Determination that will Achieve Success, QMS would be proud to welcome you aboard.
Based in Newton Abbot, Devon, our depot is conveniently located on the A38 at Heathfield Industrial Estate. We are always happy to receive speculative applications should no current vacancies be advertised below. If you feel you have line marking, specialist surfacing or other skills combined with the ready attitude to learn, us please get in touch as we may have just the job you have been looking for.
Benefits & Rewards
We are committed to being an employer of choice offering an interesting career through our comprehensive training programme whilst rewarding employees with a competitive remuneration plus benefits package and above all a friendly, supportive environment to work in.
Together with the salary, all staff members are offered life insurance and a contributory company pension scheme in excess of mandatory government levels. Bonus schemes, private medical insurance and other rewards are in place for the right individuals. We are a dynamic business raising the bar within our field.
Please watch the video below to discover some of the opportunities on offer from day 1 of your career with QMS.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative based at our depot at Heathfield, Newton Abbot.
This role is for 45 hours per week / 9 hours per day with 1/2 hour unpaid break, Monday to Friday, worked between 6am and 6pm to suit operational requirements. Additional hours may be available to suit business need.
Due to Insurances and Heath & Safety requirements this position is only available to anyone 21+ and offers a commencement salary of £9.23 per hour.
Other benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme, 2 x salary Life Insurance, extensive training and personal development.
A full UK driving license is a requirement of the position. HGV and Counterbalance Fork Lift licenses are desirable although full training will be provided.
The Warehouse Operative is responsible for:
- Maintaining the depot in a clean and tidy condition and for ensuring stock rotation is carried out to enable older stock to be used first.
- Carrying out a full and accurate stock check one day of the last weekend of each month.
- Cutting and storing of Preformed Thermoplastic symbols and legends as required.
- Preparation of vehicles to include stock loading, fueling etc
- Basic maintenance on small powered equipment / plant to include WOFTY (Water, Oil, Fuel, Tyres)
- Basic maintenance tasks throughout the depot such as grass cutting, weed removal, painting etc.
- Occasionally, the Warehouse Supervisor may be required to form part of the operational staff, as such they are expected to react to such situations with due diligence.
- If HGV class II / shunter license is available, trucks are to be taken for Inspection / Service and Maintenance at preferred garages.
- Any other reasonable requests of the Site Manager or Managing Director.
We are an equal opportunites employer and it is our policy not to discriminate against our workers on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Candidates should submit their application for the position by using the link below
Receive the latest about our news and products via email by signing up below.